Drummonds was well-known as a supplier architectural antiques. However, the company needed to transform its positioning to expand awareness of its own luxury product range, particularly cast iron baths and quality brassware. With a newly revamped corporate identity in place, Drummonds turned to 360.
We helped Drummonds create a new business model and an integrated communications campaign to get the media and masses talking about them and source new customers from interior design and private client communities.
What we did for them
A new business model
We acted as a sounding board and a source of advice, facilitating strategic workshops to help Drummonds change the way they managed their business. This initially considered brand values and positioning, but later expanded into the areas of distribution channels, retail expansion, new product development and sub-brands.
An integrated brand communciations campaign
To complement the new corporate identity, we worked with Drummonds to define the core values and assets of their businesses. We crafted a narrative to use across all platforms, with “Classic”, “Handmade” and “Quality” being a central theme. We also understood that, as Drummonds’ brand was not associated with manufacturing and new products, we needed to generate excitement and understanding of the Drummond business.
- We positioned them from the start as a market leader – taking full page advertisements in major interior design and home interest titles
- We launched the campaign with a reception for media and designers in the totally refurbished Chelsea showroom
- We organised a series of media trips to Drummonds’ factory in Poland to see cast iron baths and brass taps being made by hand using traditional techniques
- We used earned and paid media to establish Drummonds as a luxury bathroom company and create greater awareness of the product range
- We designed a branded range of catalogues, event invitations, newsletters and other company literature
- We launched their first product catalogue at Decorex interior design show, bringing their products to a wider market
- Bathroom sales up 65% in one year
- 29% increase in website reach
- Strong relationships and brand awareness among top-end home interest titles
“360 has helped transform our business image. Lisa and Philip’s approach to work is always highly professional. I would have no hesitation recommending 360’s services.”
Stafford Whitby, managing director, Drummonds